BIR 2018 – 17th International Conference on Perspectives in Business Informatics Research
September 24-26, 2018
The BIR conference series is an established forum where researchers in business informatics present their work and share ideas. Recent editions of BIR have taken place in Warsaw (2013), Lund (2014), Tartu (2015), Prague (2016), and Copenhagen (2017). This year BIR is organizes in Stockholm. BIR 2018 welcomes full research papers, research-in-progress papers, and industrial papers. Traditionally in the frame of the BIR conference, Doctoral Consortium and workshops will also take place.
BIR 2018, invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the conference, related to the BIR topics in a special focus area.
Two kinds of workshops are invited:
Presentation-oriented workshops: These will concentrate on presentations of accepted papers and discussion about these papers. The proceedings of these workshops are intended to be published together with the proceedings of BIR doctoral consortium as one volume in CEUR-WS.org series. Full papers (12 pages) or short papers (6 pages).
Discussion-oriented workshops: These will emphasize discussions facilitated by paper presentations. Since the main criterion for paper acceptance in such workshops is relevance and potential for raising discussion, they are not expected to have their proceedings or the workshop organizers are expected to manage their own proceedings, possibly even as post-proceedings.
Workshop proposals should be submitted to Janis Stirna.
The organizer(s) of approved workshops will be responsible for advertising their workshop, for eliciting high quality submissions, for the reviewing process of their workshop’s papers, and for the collection of camera-ready copies of accepted papers (verifying that they comply with the formatting rules). Organizers (including co-organizers) are expected to attend their entire workshop.
Deadline for submission of workshops proposals (via email): 15 May 2018
Notification of workshop acceptance: 30 May 2018
Camera ready of all papers: 10 September 2018
Workshops: 24 September 2018
Detailed instructions for workshop proposers
The proposal (length up to 1000 words) should cover the following points:
1. Workshop title, duration (1 day or half day), workshop type (presentation-oriented or discussion-oriented).
2. The organizers (PC chairs, other organizers who will be present at the workshop or are otherwise involved, including the person responsible for web presence and communication). Please include names, addresses, affiliations, and indicate the main responsible person. The submission should include a one-paragraph biographical sketch for each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience.
3. Purpose: What are the main goals of the workshop? Please list the workshop topics.
4. Organization of the workshop: Specify the type of contributions, distribution into sessions, type of sessions, etc. Mention if you plan to have any invited speakers (please note that the conference organization will not cover fees, travel expenses, accommodation and registration cost). Include any special requirement regarding infrastructure and room layout.
5. Tentative list of PC members.
6. An estimate of the number of papers to be accepted, and the number of attendees. If applicable, short information on previous editions of the workshop series (this should include submission, acceptance, and attendance information).
Services provided by BIR
Publication of contributions in CEUR-WS.org volume for presentation-oriented workshops.
One free workshop registration if more than 10 people are registered for the workshop.
Local organizational infrastructure and administrative support (registration, badges, refreshments, beamers, screens, etc.).
Advertisement of the workshop on BIR 2018 homepage and mailings.
Please note that the workshop may be cancelled if the number of registrations is less than 10. Also, in case of workshops with topics that are close, two or more workshops may be suggested to merge.